What to Bring to Camp
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, GREAT WORK ETHIC AND YOUR FUN SIDE.
- Tennis attire for 6 days
- Tennis shoes (NO RUNNING SHOES)
- Laundry bag
- Swim suit
- Sunscreen lotion, cap/visor
- $ For the Camp Store and snacks
- Toiletry kit (LABEL ITEMS to avoid loss)
- 2 flat sheets, pillow, blanket or sleeping bag, 2 towels, bath mats, hand towels (bring FULL SIZE sheets to accomodate for different bed sizes)
- Water jug (2 liter or larger with wide mouth)
Instructions for Sunday Check-in
- Make sure ALL the following paperwork is complete before check-in:
- Medical Form
- Insurance Card
- Waiver Form (click here to download form)
- Please make sure your child has had a good lunch before you drop them off.
- Please make every attempt to arrive on time. The campers WILL play on Sunday afternoon right after check-in.
- Please make contact ahead of time for roommate requests. We will be more than happy to make these accommodations in advance.
About the Tennis Center
Aggieland has served as the host for many intercollegiate tennis tournaments from USTA events to the NCAA Regionals. In 1999 and 2002, the center served as the host for the Big 12 Tennis Championships, and served as the host of the 2002, 2005 and 2009 NCAA Tennis Championships.
The A&M Tennis Center has twelve lighted courts with seating for nearly 3,000 spectators. The candle power of the lights averages 150 feet inside the fences, which is greater than that of USTA Championship status.
About the Cambridge House
Players will stay at The Cambridge House, a resort style dorm which features:
- Four students to a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom
- Well-balanced meals with a varied selection
- 24-hour front desk & supervision
- Game room, theater, and two swimming pools
We arrange arrival and departure transportation from and to the Texas A&M University Easterwood Airport in College Station which is only five minutes away.
Campers will be transported by clean, air-conditioned buses to and from Cambridge House. After checking in, all campers will be transported by camp assigned transportation to and from the tennis courts and evening entertainment activities. All campers must report to a camp director any intentions or special arrangements to meet family or guests throughout the week.
Health & Safety
The Texas A&M Tennis Camp provides campers with 24-hour supervision, full access to emergency health care, and a 24 hour a day trainer.
St. Joseph Medical Center, which has been designated as the emergency hospital for President George Bush and visiting dignitaries when they are in town, is only minutes away. The Texas A&M Athletic Trainer will tend to all treatable and minor injuries as well while educating campers about proper hydration, injury prevention, and treatment when necessary.
First aid is available at all times and in all locations where the campers will be throughout their visit.
Parking is available at both Cambridge House and at the Texas A&M courts with a parking permit.
Visiting Your Camper
Parents may visit their child during any free time scheduled for campers. Parents must confirm this with Joshua Sebesta, Camp Coordinator (email@example.com). Parents are also invited to the camp awards ceremony Friday at 10:00am at the George Mitchell Tennis Center.
Camp Check-in and Orientation
Check-In: Campers will need to check-in at registration from 12:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday at Cambridge House. Orientation will begin at 2:30pm after campers have checked-in.
Materials provided at check-in:
- Emergency contact information
- Counselor contact Information
- Camp itinerary
- Camp Store bank registration